Business Insurance helps protect business and small business owners, like you, from financial losses. These losses can be caused by a variety of risk to your property. Covered risk include:
- Property damage
- Professional errors
Insurance for businesses also known as commercial insurance can cover some of an injured workers' lost wages. It can also provide access to programs to help them get back to work. Commercial business insurance can help protect you from losses resulting from liability claims.
Importance of Business Insurance Coverage
Businesses large and small need business insurance for many reasons. One reason is that in most states, you'll need certain coverages for a business to operate. This usually includes workers compensation insurance and unemployment insurance. Insurance for business can also help cover the costs of legal claims made against a business.
Without liability insurance, a business that has to pay the costs of a claim or lawsuit out of pocket may not have the financial means to survive. Business insurance can also protect businesses from the financial risks of:
- Property loss
- Repairing or replacing physical property after fire, theft, vandalism or wind
If you don't have business insurance, you may not be able to endure the costs that result from a variety of business exposures. This can lead to going out of business. Some of these exposures can include:
- Property damage
- Legal claims by third parties
- Work-related employee illness and injury
Choose the Best Business Insurance Options
In order to protect your business's property, income, and financial assets, you'll need to consider three common insurance coverages. These coverage options include:
For most business owners, a business owner's policy can provide all three coverage in a single policy.
Commercial property insurance includes:
- One or multiple locations
- Accounts receivable
Commercial property insurance can help cover the loss of these assets if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered event.
General liability insurance protects your business from the risk of liability claims such as:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Advertising mistakes
Business income insurance helps replace income lost when you must suspend your operations due to covered loss. For example, say your business had to suspend operations due to a fire destroying part of your building. Business income insurance can help cover the lost income. This coverage can help you meet financial obligations like payroll and rent.
Depending on your industry, you can customize coverage to help address unique risks. You can do this by choosing a broad variety of additional commercial coverages. Beyond the standard coverages, we offer many other types of insurance products for businesses. Each is designed to help protect companies against a specific exposure they face.
Additional Types of Business Insurance
The different types of business insurance coverages can be as unique as your business. Your business deserves an insurance solution appropriate to the specific risk you face. That's why we offer a wide range of business insurance coverages. This wide range helps you customize your insurance with the right combination of policies or endorsements. This helps you address your unique needs. Some popular coverages include:
- Data breach insurance helps cover the cost of responding to and managing a data breach. We can even assist in creating policies and best practices that help prevent breaches from happening in the first place.
- Workers' compensation insurance helps cover employees when they suffer from a workplace injury or illness. This coverage can help pay for employee's medical expenses. It can also help cover some lost wages while your employee recovers from work-related injury or illness.
- Professional liability insurance is also known as errors and omissions insurance. This liability coverage can help cover your company if you're found negligent in professional services you provide.
- Commercial auto insurance helps cover you or your employees if you're in an auto accident.
Trusted Business Experience
As a business owner, you need a business insurance agency you can count on. Our licensed professionals are eager to answer you questions. Contact us today at 281-395-5497 for assistance with your business insurance.