You might be wondering how Houston home insurance premiums are decided. Typically, each company has a slightly different formula that they use to create your premium, but the majority will include the following areas.
- Construction Type – What type of material was used to create your home (wood, brick, stucco, etc.)
- Location – Your physical locations distance to a fire/police department, propensity for weather related claims and crime rates can play a roll.
- Degree of Coverage – the value of the contents of your property within the house, your liability restrictions and the amount of coverage you request will affect your premiums.
- Loss Valuation – Will your policy pay the actual cash value or the amount it costs to recoup the lost items?
- Age of Home – older homes don’t usually have discounts available while new homes do.
Houston home insurance can be confusing at times. Let G & H Financial Insurance Services guide you through this important process. Give us a call at 877-782-6911.